What can the Chamber do for my business?
- Membership provides increased visibility and credibility of your firm.
- The Chamber refers an average of 400 business referrals each month, and the Chamber refers members only.
- The Chamber is a public information office, providing needed facts and figures for citizens and prospective newcomers.
- The Chamber is an advocate for the business community — actively supporting pro-business policies on the local, state, and federal level.
- The Chamber actively promotes doing business with other Chamber members.
- The Chamber sends out a weekly email blast to inform the members of the Chamber and other community contacts of Chamber and community activities.
- Small Business workers compensation insurance is available to members at “group” rates through the Chamber.
- The Chamber assists in Grand Openings and Ribbon Cuttings for its members.
- The Chamber prepares personnel recruitment materials for local businesses and industries.
- The Chamber provides a City Directory Library to all members.
- The Chamber sponsors with the Martin Community College Small Business Center timely and informative seminars throughout the year.
- The Chamber offers a wide variety of events throughout the year designed specifically to encourage business and social interaction throughout the community.
- The Chamber lets businesses display brochures or business cards in the Chamber offices as a resource to visitors and newcomers.
- The Chamber is the focal point for many public-private partnerships in Martin County —including new partnerships in education.
- The Chamber links your web page on the Member Directory in your profile.
• Grand Openings & Ribbon Cuttings
For new businesses coming into the area, the Chamber has an unlimited supply of resources. For your Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting the Chamber will help you develop a flyer and mail them out to the membership for you. We contact the county officials and we even bring the ribbon and the gold scissors.
• Two Free Radio Spots Per Year
These are live interviews with a local radio station.
• Chamber Weekly
Once a week, the Chamber staff puts together and emails “Chamber Weekly” to hundreds of contacts and Chamber members from all over Eastern North Carolina. The “Chamber Weekly” will keep you up to date on Grand Openings, county-wide economic development news, available business classes at Martin Community College’s Small Business Center and ECU’s Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC), and community events. Members can bring or email flyers to be inserted in the “Chamber Weekly” at no additional cost.
• Display Case
The Chamber has a display case located in the main lobby of a hotel in Williamston. This case can be reserved for two weeks of the year to display their wares, goods or brochures. Be sure to check out this service.
• Gift Certificate Program
The Chamber of Commerce sells
gift certificates to the public. These certificates can be redeemed at any participating member business. When the certificate is purchased, we give the person a list of members that accepts the gift certificates. If you would like to participate please let us know. (There is no additional cost for this).